Monday, July 9, 2012

County Fair

I know the fair was last month but I have so many things I want to share and some are old so please bear with me.
The great thing about living in a small town is the county fair.  Something we look forward to every year.  Probably my favorite thing is finding out what bands are coming.  This year there was no one I was even remotely interested in seeing, however in years past we have seen Bret Michaels and Smashmouth.

The little man's favorite part of the fair is of course the rides.




This year I we finally got to upgrade to bigger rides.  By next year we probably wont even go over to the kiddie section.  I got him to go on the Tilt-A-Whirl which used to be one of my favorites.  Now it just makes me a little ill.  I think the operator saw how green I was getting and thought it was funny because it felt like the longest ride ever!


My two favorite parts of the fair are the concerts, which I didn't partake in this year, and the food.  Who doesn't love awesome deep fried goodness.  I got the deep fried veggies, because they were veggies I know they were healthy right?


The worst part of the fair? The games.  What a racket, which of course we had to do because when the little man sees stuffed things he must win them.  Good thing he had money from his Nana that he could waste himself. Normally I wont give him money for that.  This is what $6 got us this year.


I do have to say that it was a good fair all and all.  The best part? Getting to spend the day with the little man.  That's my favorite part of any day.




0 comments:

Post a Comment